Welcome to the next level of using and enjoying CBD. Cooking with it!
More and more consumers of CBD are choosing to incorporate the substance into their food, and for good reason. Cooking with CBD is perhaps the easiest and healthiest way of introducing the compound into your daily routine.
Whether you’re making a pizza, a smoothie or even a poached egg, adding CBD to your meals will derive all of the same benefits as other methods of consumption.
TOP 5 TIPS FOR COOKING WITH CBD:
- USE HIGH QUALITY CBD OIL – This cannot be stressed enough. There is no substitute for a high quality CBD oil, especially if you’re wanting to introduce it into your cooking. Find High Quality CBD Oils Here: CBDstore.co.za/shop
- INCORPORATE HEALTHY FATS – CBD is fat-soluble, so one needs to pair it with a healthy fat to reap the full benefits of the compound. Healthy fats are things like olive, coconut or avocado oil and grass fed butter or ghee.
- START OFF SMALL – When entering the exciting world of cooking with CBD, it’s always best to start off with a small quantity to see how your body responds. As you get used to using CBD in your cooking, you will gain a better idea of what works and what doesn’t.
- BE WARY OF HEAT – Exposing your CBD to too much heat will make it less effective. Although warming CBD will increase its effectiveness, overheating it will cause it to lose valuable terpenes. For this reason, many experts suggest incorporating your CBD into cold foods and drinks.
- BE PATIENT – When consuming CBD in this form, your body takes longer to digest and absorb the compound. Therefore, it will not be as fast-acting as other methods of taking CBD.
STRAWBERRY CBD SMOOTHIE
⅓ cup – strawberries
1 cup – kale or other leafy greens
¼ cup – fresh basil leaves
1 tbsp – lime juice
1 tbsp – honey or maple syrup
½ an avocado
¼ tsp – salt
Your desired amount of Koi PRIZM™ Strawberry CBD Oil
1/4 cup – ice
Blend all the ingredients until smooth and either drink immediately or place in a glass jar and refrigerate.
LEMON AND LIME TEA
2 cups – water
Your desired amount of Koi PRIZM™ Lemon and Lime CBD Oil
Loose tea leaves
Bring the water to a boil over medium heat. Once boiling, remove from heat, place the leaves inside and cover. Allow to sit for a few minutes then strain, add your Koi PRIZM™ Lemon and Lime CBD Oil and enjoy.
⅓ cup – cocoa powder
2 tsp – baking powder
1 cup – grounds almonds
1 cup – coconut sugar
⅓ cup – coconut oil
½ cup – milk
1 tsp – vanilla extract
Your desired amount of Elixinol Liposomal Coconut CBD Oil
Dark chocolate chips (optional)
Preheat the oven to 160°C and in a large bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients together. In another bowl, whisk all of the wet ingredients together. Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir. Once mixed, pour the batter into a tray and sprinkle some chocolate chips on the top. Bake for approximately half an hour. Allow the brownies to cool and then enjoy.
These simple recipes all involve adding the CBD oil as is, but what if you want to get a little more experimental in the kitchen and take your CBD-infused cooking to the next level? That’s where CBD butter comes in. Once you’ve made a batch of butter, it can be added to almost any recipe in one way or another.
½ cup – water
1 cup – butter
Your desired amount of CBD oil – For constant and easy to use CBD we suggest the CBD Sachets by Cibdol
Chop the butter into small pieces and place in a small pot.
Add the water and CBD oil.
Heat over a low heat for 2 hours (Remember, you want to use a low heat so that the CBD oil does not deteriorate.)
Let the mixture cool, then stir it and pour into an airtight container.
Refrigerate and enjoy.
Cooking with CBD is the perfect method of getting the compound into your system. You are in complete control over dosage, and can experiment freely according to your personal needs.
Remember again, CBD is not overly tolerant of heat, so avoid any recipes that require a temperature higher than 160°C. It’s also important to store your CBD properly. A cool and dark place like the fridge is an ideal spot.
Now that you know the basics of cooking with CBD, it’s time to put on your chefs hat and cook up a storm!
Do not exceed more than 20mg of CBD(Cannabidiol) in your daily dose as per South African government regulations. Regulation amending s22(A)2 of the Medicine and Related Substance Act, 1965 (Act no.101 of 1965) Published 23 May 2019
It is especially important for those who are pregnant, nursing, chronically ill, elderly or under the age of 18 to discuss the use of these products with a physician prior to consuming. You must be 18 years or older to visit this website and/or purchase any CBD products.